Vector is a Christ-centered family of homeschooling parents and students who partner to develop communication, leadership and critical thinking skills. Through a variety of speech and debate competitive categories, students are trained to articulate their Christian worldview clearly, persuasively, confidently and charitably with an understanding of the underlying mindsets and assumptions expressed in today’s secular culture.
- We offer coaching and competitive opportunities in a variety of speech and debate events.
- We encourage club members to set speaking goals.
- We provide teaching opportunities, friendly competition, and Christian fellowship to achieve these goals.
Vector participates in the Stoa national speech and debate league. More information about Stoa can be found at www.stoausa.org. Vector, along with other like-minded Stoa league clubs, hosts multiple tournaments in the Northern Virginia, Maryland and North Carolina region during the winter and spring. We also participate in the annual Stoa national invitational event in late spring. Stoa ranks competitors nationally through a partner website www.speechranks.com.
- Interpretive, Platform, and Limited Prep
- Team Policy, Lincoln Douglas, and Parliamentary
Vector meets weekly at St. Peter’s Episcopal Church in Purcellville on Thursdays from 4:30 – 8:00 with a 30-minute dinner break from 6:00 – 6:30.
- Speech event coaching and practice occurs from 4:30 – 6:00
- Debate coaching and practice is from 6:30 – 8:00
- Regular parental participation in club meetings and tournaments is essential
Students may participate in either speech or debate, or both.
Director: Julie Strohmeyer
Coach: Dovey Elliott, Debbie Snyder
Director: Matt Strohmeyer
Coach: Nathan York
Club Director: email@example.com
President: Ryan Elliot
Treasurer: Andy Orcino
Board Members: Adam & Sara Davis, Ryan & Dovey Elliot, Tyson & Jamie Langhofer, Dan & Beth McKenna, Matt & Julie Strohmeyer
Tournament Directors: Sara Davis, Melissa McKay