Vector is a Christ-centered organization of homeschooling parents and students with the goal of providing opportunities to develop communication, leadership and critical thinking skills. Through a variety of speech and debate competitive categories, students are trained to articulate their Christian worldview clearly, persuasively, and charitably while examining the underlying mindsets and assumptions expressed in today’s secular culture.
- We offer coaching and competitive opportunities in a variety of speech and debate events
- We encourage club members to set speaking goals. We provide teaching opportunities, friendly competition, and Christian fellowship to achieve these goals.
Vector participates in the Stoa national speech and debate league. More information about Stoa can be found at www.stoausa.org. Vector, along with other like-minded Stoa league clubs, hosts multiple tournaments in the Northern Virginia, Maryland and North Carolina region during the winter and spring. We also participate in the annual Stoa national invitational event in late spring. Stoa ranks competitors nationally through a partner website www.speechranks.com.
- Interpretive, Platform, and Limited Prep
- Team Policy, Lincoln Douglas, and Parliamentary
Vector meets weekly at Ketoctin Presbyterian Church in Purcellville, on Thursdays from 4:30 – 8:00, with a 30-minute dinner break from 6:00 – 6:30.
- Speech event coaching and practice occurs from 4:30 – 6:00
- Debate coaching and practice is from 6:30 – 8:00
- Regular parental participation in club meetings and tournaments is essential
- For directions to the Church, click here.
Students may participate in either speech or debate, or both.
Director: Beth McKenna
Coach: Debbie Snyder
DEBATE: Team Policy & Parliamentary
Directors: Dan McKenna and Tyson Langhofer
Club Director: Beth McKenna, email@example.com
President: Ryan Elliot
Treasurer: Andy Orcino
Board Members: Reuben & Allison Maher, Ryan & Dovey Elliot, Dan & Beth McKenna, Tyson & Jamie Langhofer